That good volunteer feeling
Deepen your interest in family, church or local history by volunteering at the Society. We are seeking individuals who have an interest in assisting us in various areas of the Society. In most cases, willingness to learn is the main qualification! Training will be provided where necessary.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Processing library materials;
- Assisting patrons in the library;
- Entering genealogy and membership data in the computer;
- Scanning documents and photographs to make them available online;
- Sorting books for our annual summer Bookworm Frolic;
- Helping with mailing parties;
- Assisting in property maintenance tasks at the Society and at the 1719 Herr House;
- Serving as a tour guide at the 1719 Herr House (April-September).
The benefits of volunteering at the Society are many. These include the opportunity to interact with interesting people who care about history, the good feeling that you get from helping others, a discount in our bookstore, and an invitation to attend the annual volunteer appreciation event. Serving is an opportunity that gives meaning to life. Please give volunteer coordinator Michael Bodner a call at the Society at (717) 393-9745 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information or would like to come in and talk about volunteering.