The Society’s book and museum store offers hundreds of new books ranging from genealogies to children’s literature. Find the region’s best selection on Pennsylvania German language, art and culture; exceptional resources on Mennonite and Amish history and culture; charts; audiobooks; and issues of Pennsylvania Mennonite Heritage, the Society’s quarterly magazine.
Often more items are available in person than online, so if you can’t find what you’re looking for below, don’t give up—give us a call!
Search the inventory of Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society Book and Museum Store
Browse by bookseller catalog:
- ALL BOOKS
- Amish History & Culture
- Anabaptist History & Thought
- Arts & Material Culture
- Biography & Fiction
- Genealogy & Genealogical Research Aids
- Mennonites-United States
- Non-Mennonite Groups
- Pennsylvania German & German Language & Culture
- Regional Interest
- Travel & Recreation
1. The inventory of the Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society Book and Museum Store may be searched by author, title, or by keyword, and may be limited by format (hardcover or softcover).
2. If you are interested in a particular family name, try entering the name in the title field. To broaden your search, enter the name in the keyword field to view a list of every record that contains that name in the author, title, or description fields. This is a helpful technique for finding books that contain significant information about surnames that may not appear in the title.
3. To find books on a particular subject, try a keyword search for a word or words of interest, or browse the bookseller catalogs. For example, to find books in or about the Pennsylvania German language, try a keyword search for (pennsylvania german language) or (pennsylvania dutch). Different words or combinations of words will return different results. Or browse the catalog of titles related to Pennsylvania German & German Language & Culture.
Not everything in the bookstore is available for online purchase. Please contact us if you cannot find a title listed or if you have any questions.