2018 Bookworm Frolic
Wednesday–Friday 9:00 AM–7:00 PM;
Saturday 9:00 AM–4:00 PM
A beloved community event for more than thirty years. Over 40,000 used books, magazines and music for sale outside at Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society, with decreasing prices each day. Steep discounts on new books inside the bookstore. Great local food. All proceeds support the Historical Society.
For more information or to volunteer for the Bookworm Frolic, please contact Jon Weaver-Kreider at (717) 393-9745 or email@example.com.
|Paperback (square spine and spiral-bound)||1.50||1.25||1.00||.75|
|Paperback (saddle-stitched and stapled)||1.00||.75||.50||.25|
|Single-sheet (folded or not)||1.00||.50||.25||.25|
1. Bibles , Commentaries, Bible studies
2. Religion and Theology: Sermons, Devotional, Ministers’ Aids, Christian Education, Evangelism, Missions, Doctrine, Prophecy, Ministry
3. Psychology, Sociology, Ethics, Philosophy, Self Help
4. Health & Medicine, Nutrition
5. Textbooks and Education
6. Travel, Tourism, Maps: Domestic and International
7. Natural Sciences, Nature, Gardening, Agriculture
8. General Reference, “How-to”
9. History, Government, Politics, Archaeology
10. Music: Hymnals, Sheet Music, Songbooks
11. Crafts, Needlework, Hobbies, Cookbooks
12. Classical Literature, Poetry, Drama, Anthologies
13. Children and Teenage
14. Christian Fiction
15. Biography, Autobiography
16. Fiction (Hardcover)
17. Fiction (Paperback)
18. Humor, Visual Arts
19. Yearbooks, Serials
21. Sports and Recreation
22. Mennonite and Amish Materials and Yearbooks
23. Denominational Materials
24. Foreign Languages
25. Family and Marriage
Need a good book to read during the long winter evenings? Come to the Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society’s third Winter Bookfest. The sale of used books will take place on Thursday, February 15, from 3 p.m. to 8 .p.m.; Friday, February 16, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturday, February 17, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Winter Bookfest is a smaller indoor version of the popular summer Bookworm Frolic. It will feature some of the most popular categories sold at the Frolic. These include books for children, fiction, religious books, history, politics, Christian fiction, theological works, books related to Mennonites and Amish, plus many more.
Hardcover books will be sold for $3; paperbacks and children’s small hardbacks will sell for $1.50. New books will be put out each day.
Throughout the sale there will be discounts on select new books in the Society’s Book and Museum Store which will be open during the entire Winter Bookfest.
|February 15||3 to 8 p.m.|
|February 16||9 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|February 17||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
Bookworm Frolic Donors
Robert H Ranck; Bird-in-Hand Bake Shop; Bird-in-Hand Bakery; Country Store, Mount Joy; Darrenkamp’s; Dart Container; Giant Foods; Katie’s Kitchen; Kunzler & Co.; Lapp Valley Farm; Louis Landis; Oregon Dairy; S. Clyde Weaver; Sharp Shopper; Stoltzfus Meats; Strasburg Market Basket; Village Farm Market; Weis Markets; Yoder’s Country Market;
Thank you for your support.